Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh! Oh! Obama!




I awoke at 6am, reached for my phone, checked Twitter, and whooped in delight.

The world, and America, had been sold on the audacity of hope.

Let's hope Obama, with all his charm, sincerity, eloquence and good intentions, does not disappoint.  I'm not expecting miracles in the Middle East any time soon; just some reasonable, intelligent policies that do not destroy cities and families on some absurd, false pretext.

I've been busting my bandwidth watching victory videos, but the best way to celebrate the departure of the disaster that was Dubya is to revisit these Bushisms:

  •  "I want everybody to hear loud and clear that I'm going to be the president of everybody." -George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 18, 2001
  • "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." -George W. Bush, in Rome, July 22, 2001
  • "It's my honor to speak to you as the leader of your country. And the great thing about America is you don't have to listen unless you want to." -George W. Bush, speaking to recently sworn in immigrants on Ellis Island, July 10, 2001
  • "They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000
  • "I'm oftentimes asked, What difference does it make to America if people are dying of malaria in a place like Ghana? It means a lot. It means a lot morally, it means a lot from a -- it's in our national interest." - George W. Bush, Accra, Ghana, Feb. 20, 2008
  • "Removing Saddam Hussein was the right decision early in my presidency, it is the right decision now, and it will be the right decision ever." - George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 12, 2008
  • "Information is moving -- you know, nightly news is one way, of course, but it's also moving through the blogosphere and through the Internets." -Washington, D.C., May 2, 2007
  • "This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table." --George W. Bush, Brussels, Belgium, Feb. 22, 2005
  • "We're concerned about AIDS inside our White House - make no mistake about it." -George W. Bush, Feb. 7, 2001
  • "You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." -George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006
  • "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." — George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

4 comments:

Crimson Shimmer said...

Oh lord did that crack me up into little bits of freagin hilarious
i am so gona miss bush!
and as for obama... pls! charm has never fooled me. does he have anything else to offer besides just being a president.
its american... id ratha trust satan.
but thanks for the laff
did me good! :)

Sumayah said...

Do you know he has requested for a ten pin bowling alley and a Basketball court in the whitehouse!!!!!!..Radio702......

qk said...

@crimson shimmer: thanks for stopping by :)lucky for us, Sarah Palin and her slips of tongue surpasses those of Bush (eg: Africa is a "country"!) so we've got enough to keep us entertained ;)

@sumayah: really? hmm. The perks of being President means you can actually get what you want ;)

M Junaid said...

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we

love that one.

Post a Comment

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com